|Grades 4-6, Grades 7-8, Grades 9-12, Math, Science, Social Studies, Teachers||Circuit level energy metering technology, Plug in energy meters|
Learning Objective: Students will investigate the energy usage of regular, every day small appliances.
1. Circuit level energy metering technology or plug in energy meter
2. Decided upon small appliances
3. Copies of Small Appliance Energy Reliance Handout (optional if you have the energy metering technology)
The Alberta Science Curriculum
Outcomes for Science, Technology and Society (STS) and Knowledge
- Investigate and describe relationships between humans and their environments, and identify related issues and scientific questions
- analyze personal and public decisions that involve consideration of environmental impacts, and identify needs for scientific knowledge that can inform those decisions
Why do we need to save energy?
How does our use of technology and energy affect our environment?
How can we reduce the use of energy to help our environment?
Download the Alberta Grade 9 Science Curriculum Connections here.
Download the Ontario Curriculum connections here.