|Grades 7-8, Grades 9-12, Math, Science, Social Studies, Teachers||Circuit level energy metering technology, Plug in energy meters, Utility level energy metering technology|
Learning Objective: Students will investigate energy use and relate it to the amount of trees absorbing CO2.
1. Plug in energy meter or circuit level energy metering technology
2. Energy Calculator for Alberta or Ontario
3. Speak for the Trees Handout
4. Comparing GHGs to Trees Background Information
The Alberta Science Curriculum
Outcomes for Science, Technology and Society (STS) and Knowledge
- Investigate and describe relationships between humans and their environments, and identify related issues and scientific questions
- analyze personal and public decisions that involve consideration of environmental impacts, and identify needs for scientific knowledge that can inform those decisions
How does human use of technology affect the environment?
How can we reduce the use of technology to save energy?
Download the Alberta Grade 9 Science Curriculum here.
Download the Ontario Curriculum Connections here.